Published Book Chapters (selection)
- Gray’s Anatomy 39th Edition 2004, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh – Sections on Biomechanics of the wrist joint and Anatomy of wrist ligaments
- The Growing Hand (Eds. A Gupta, SPJ Kay & LRScheker). 1999. Churchill Livingstone, London.
- Chapters: Anomalies of the Tendons. Free flaps in children (with S.P. Kay)
- DRUJ replacement arthroplastyIn : Disorders of the Hand: Diagnosis and Treatment. 2015 (Eds. Trail &Felmming) Springer-Verlag
- Functional biomechanics of the hand and wrist. Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery (in press 2017)
Published papers (selection)
- Malone PSC, Shaw O & Lees VC. Anatomic Relationships of the distal and proximal radioulnar joints articulating surface areas and the radius and ulna bone volumes – Implications for biomechanical studies of the distal and proximal radioulnar joints and forearm bones. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 2016; 4, article 61: 1-7.
- Malone PSC, Cooley J, Terenghi G, Lees VC. The effect of elbow extension on the biomechanics of the osseoligamentousstrucutres of the forearm. J Hand Surg American 2015 ; 40A(9) : 1776-84.
- Lees VC, Warwick D, Gillespie P, Brown A, Akhavani M, Dewer D, Boyce D, Papastasiou S, Ragoowansi R, Wong J. A multicentre, randomized, double-blind trial of the safety and efficacy of mannose-6-phosphate in patients having acute Zone II flexor tendon repair. J Hand Surg European 2015; 40E(7) : 682-94.
- Malone PSC, Cooley J, Morris J, Terenghi G, Lees VC. The biomechanical and functional relationships of the proximal radioulnar joint, distal radioulnar joint and interosseous ligament. J Hand Surg European 2015; 40E(5): 485-93.
- Peck F, Roe AE, Ng CY, Duff C, McGrouther DA, Lees VC. The Manchester short splint: A change to splinting practice in the rehabilitation of zone II flexor tendon repairs. Hand Therapy 2014; 19(2) : 47-53.
- Malone P, Hutchinson C, Terenghi G, Twining C, Lees VC. Subluxation-related ulnar neuropathy (SUN) syndrome related to distal radioulnar joint instability. J Hand Surg European 2012; 37: 652-664.
- Kalson N, Malone P, Lees VC. Fibre bundles in the human ECU tendon are arranged in a spiral. J Hand Surg European 2012 : 37E(6): 550-554.
- Lees VC. The functional anatomy of forearm rotation. Journal of Hand and Microsurgery 2009; 1(2): 92-99.
- Lees VC. The Postgraduate Diploma in Hand Surgery: training hand surgeons of the future in the UK. Journal of Hand Surgery 2008; 33E(2):98-102 .
- Russell CJH, Bush JA, Russell GWP, Thorlby A, McGrouther DA & Lees VC. Dynamic skin tension in the forearm: Effects of pronation and supination. Journal of Hand Surgery 2009; 34A: 423-431.
- Shaaban H, Pereira C, Williams R & Lees VC. The effect of elbow position on the range of supination and pronation of the forearm. European Journal of Hand Surgery 2008; 33E: 1:3-8. [Number 1 journal download in 2008]
- Shaaban H, Giakis G, Bolton M, Williams R, Wicks P, Scheker LR & Lees VC. The load-bearing characteristics of the forearm: Pattern of axial and bending force transmitted through ulna and radius. Journal of Hand Surgery 2006; 31B: 274-279.
- Shabaan H, Giakis G, Bolton M, Williams R, Scheker LR & Lees VC. The distal radioulnar joint as a load-bearing mechanism – a biomechanical study. Journal of Hand Surgery 2004 : 29A: 1: 85-90.
- Lees VC & McCabe SJ. The rationale for hand transplantation. Overview. Transplantation 2002: 74(6): 749-753.
- Bayat A, Shaaban H & Lees VC. The pulley system of the thumb: Anatomical and biomechanical study. Journal of Hand Surgery 2002; 27A: 628-635.
- Lees VC. Successful revascularisation of digit in a neonate. Journal of Hand Surgery 1999: 24A:4; 812-815.
- Kruit AS, Choukairi F, Mishra A, Gaffey A, Jester A. Subscapularis Z-lengthening in children with brachial plexus birth palsy loses efficiency at mid-term follow-up: a retrospective cohort study. Int Orthop. 2016 Apr;40(4):783-90.
- Baker BG, Joseph L, Mishra A. An adnexal tumour masquerading as a distal interphalangeal joint ganglion. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2015 Dec 6.
- Mishra A, Chawla R, Foster M, Power D. Improving Outcomes Following Peripheral Nerve Injury: National Standards, Education and Training in UK.Hand Surgery Vol.19, No.3 , 2014
- Power D, Mishra A, Vetharajan N. Response to: Beware the volar ulnar fragment in a comminuted Bartons fracture.Hand Surgery Vol.19, No.2 , 2014
- Holmes WJ,Tehrani H, Mishra A, McPhail J, McArthur P. The use of a silicone flexor tendon as a teaching model for flexor tendon repair – a clear view. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013 Feb;66(2):294-5.
- Mishra A, Holmes WJ, Liew S. The cyrano nose: different treatment approaches to management of hemangiomas of the nasal tip. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Jun;127(6):2507-8.
- Mishra A, Holmes W, Gorst C, Liew S. Management of complicated facial hemangiomas with Beta-blocker (propranolol) therapy. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Apr;127(4):1742-3
- Mishra A, Kain N, Constantinides J, McPhail J, Iqbal A. Customised chest wall implant to correct pectus excavatum and bilateral breast reconstruction with muscle-sparing latissimus dorsi (MS-LD) flap in a single stage. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011 May;64(5):e132-4.
- Mishra A, Nelson K, McArthur P Mirror Foot- A Reflection On Three Cases. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery 63 (2010), pp. 2146-2151
- Mishra A, Holmes WJ, Gorst C, Liew SH Perianal Haemangioma Presenting As A Non-Healing Wound In A Neonate Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery 63 (2010), 2208-2209
- Mishra A, Brackley PT, Sigaroudina M, Iqbal A An Algorithmic Approach to Breast Reconstruction using Latissimus Dorsi Musculocutaneous flap. Plast Reconstr Surg 2010 Dec; 126(6): 2281-2282
- Mishra A, McArthur P. Different Approaches to Syndactyly Repair without Skin Graft. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Oct;126(4):1411
- Mishra A, Husein B, Lecky B, Hancock H Silhouette thread lift as an ancillary procedure in an unusual case of necrotizing myopathy of the face. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011 Aug;128(2):589-90.
- Nelson KE, Mishra A, Duncan C. Upper blepharoplasty approach to frontozygomatic dermoid cysts. J Craniofac Surg. 2011 Nov;22(6):e41-4.
- Holmes WJ, Mishra A, Gorst C, Liew SH. Propranolol as first-line treatment for rapidly proliferating Infantile Haemangiomas. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 64(4) (2011),445-451
- Holmes WJ, Mishra A, McArthur P. Intra-lesional steroid for the management of symptomatic Infantile Digital Fibromatosis. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011 May;64(5):632-7.
- Mishra A, Holmes WJ, Gorst C, Liew SH. Role of propranolol in the management of periocular hemangiomas. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Aug;126(2):671
- Mishra A, Nelson K, McNally S, Gorst C, McArthur P. Laser ablation of abnormal skin pigmentation post syndactyly release. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Oct;63(10):1753-5.
- Mishra A, Josty I. Component separation: extending the boundaries beyond abdominal reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Jun;125(6):1846; author reply 1846-7.
- Mishra A, Brackley PT, Sigaroudina M, Iqbal A. Muscle-sparing latissimus dorsi technique for breast reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Apr;125(4):1295.
- Mishra A, Nelson K, Nayagam S, McArthur P. Soft tissue distraction in the management of severe preaxial polydactyly of feet. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Aug;63(8):e659-61.
- Mishra A, Tehrani H, Hancock K, Duncan C. Management of primary cutis verticis gyrata with tissue expansion and hairline lowering foreheadplasty. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Jun;63(6):1060-1.
- Hamnett NT, Mishra A, Nayagam S, Graham K, Duncan C. Preexpanded muscle-sparing latissimus dorsi free flap in complex lower limb trauma: the orthoplastic approach. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Oct;126(4):211e-213e.
- Langley D, Mishra A, Nayagam S, McArthur P. The novel use of a ‘Telescopic Rod’ in a young girl with congenital radial aplasia. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 ep;63(9):1576-8.
- Kain N, Mishra A, McArthur P. Are we still publishing our presented abstracts from the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (BAPRAS)? J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Sep;63(9):1572-3.
- Nayar R, Nelson K, Tehrani H, Davies R, Mishra A, McArthur P. Suitable hand dressings in children. Injury. 2010 Dec 30.
- Holmes WJ, Mishra A, Gorst C, Liew SH. Propranolol as first-line treatment for infantile hemangiomas. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010 Jan;125(1):420-1.
- Brackley PT, Mishra A, Sigaroudina M, Iqbal A. Modified muscle sparing latissimus dorsi with implant for total breast reconstruction – extending the boundaries. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2010 Sep;63(9):1495-502.
- Kain N, Mishra A, James MI. Guidance needed on secondary effects of CS gas on staff. BMJ. 2010 Mar 2;340:c1189. doi: 10.1136/bmj.c1189.
- Tadiparthi S, Mishra A, McArthur P. A modification of the Chinese island flap technique for simple incomplete syndactyly release. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2009 Feb;34(1):99-103.
- Mishra A, Whitaker IS, Josty IC. Component separation of the index finger to reconstruct the thumb: case report with review of literature. Ann Plast Surg. 2008 Dec;61(6):618-21. Review.
- Sirotakova M, Figus A, Jarrett P, Mishra A, Elliot D. Correction of swan neck deformity in rheumatoid arthritis using a new lateral extensor band technique. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2008 Dec;33(6):712-6.
- Chan WY, Mishra A, Srinivasan J, Ramakrishnan V. 360 degrees Microsurgical skills practice: a ’round-the-clock’ training device. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008 Sep;61(9):1110-1.
- Whitaker IS, Shokrollahi K, James W, Mishra A, Lohana P, Murison MC. Combined CO(2) laser with photodynamic therapy for the treatment of nodular basal cell carcinomas. Ann Plast Surg. 2007 Nov;59(5):484-8.
- Iwuagwu FC, Misra A. Composite V-Y advancement flaps for cover of distal defects on the dorsum of multiple digits. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2007 Jun;32(3):333-6.
- Whitaker IS, Shokrollahi K, Mishra A, Potokar T, Dickson W Paediatric alkaline and thermal burn injury due to airbag deployment: A public health risk Injury Extra, 39(9) Sep 2008:312-313
- Mishra A, Whittaker I, Potokar T, Dickson W The use of Aquacel Ag in the management of partial thickness burns- A national study Burns. 2007 Aug;33(5):679-80.
- Prakash V, Mishra A Management of adduction contracture of thumb using prefabricated radial fascial flap. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Nov; 114(6): 1681-2
- Prakash V, Mishra A Two in-one flaps for resurfacing defects of the upper third of the leg. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 May; 113(6):1883-4.
- Prakash V, Mishra A Use of posterior calf fascial flap – new concept for management of knee contracture. Plastic & Reconstructive Surg 2003 Jan; 111(1) 505.
- Prakash V, Mishra A Prefabricated fascial flap for hand and forearm defects. Plastic & Reconstructive Surg 2003 March; 111(3):1371-2.
- Prakash V, Mishra A Central segment expansion method for management of post burn contracture of ankle. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Apri1; 113(4):1301
- Bajaj SP, Mishra A, Murarka A A review article on inhalational burn injury. Indian Journal of Burns; Vol.9 ;80-85:May 2001. Chintamani, Mishra A The role of APACHE II triaging in optimal management of small bowel perforation. Tropical Doctor, 2001, 31, 198-201.
- Chintamani, Mishra A Clasp knife in the gut, a case report. BMC Surg 2003 3:12.
- Chen X, Graham J, Hutchinson C, Muir L – Automatic Inference and Measurement of 3D Carpal Bone Kinematics from Single View Fluoroscopic Sequences IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 2013; 32(2): 317 – 328
- Hunter AR, Tansey RJ, Muir LT A radiological sign in chronic collateralligament injuries of the thumbmetacarpophalangeal joint Hand (N Y) 2013 June; 8(2): 191–194.
- Ennis H, Vail A, Wragg E, Taylor A, Moore T, Murray A, Muir L, Griffiths CEM, Herrick A A prospective study of systemic sclerosis related digital ulcers: prevalence, location and functional impact Scand J Rheumatol 2013;42(6):483-6.
- Nesbitt PD, Jamil W, Jesudason EP, Muir L – A case of Multiple Bilateral Trigger Digits: Injection or Surgery?
- World Journal of Medical and Surgical Case Reports 2013, 2:9: 36-39.
- Chen X, Graham J, Hutchinson C, Muir L – Automatic Generation of Stistical Pose and Shape Models for Articulated Joints Inference and Measurement of 3D Carpal Bone Kinematics from Single View Fluoroscopic Sequences IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 2014; 33(2): 372 – 383
- Zhou A, Muir L, Harris, J, Herrick A The impact of magneticresonance imaging in earlydiagnosis of hand osteomyelitisin patients with systemic sclerosis
- Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology 2014; BSuppl 86 (6): 232
- Akhavani M, McMurtrie A, Webb M, Muir L – A Review of the Classification of Dupuytren’s disease Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume) 2015;
- Rajpura A, Somanchi B, Muir L “Does excessive padding reduce the efficiency of the pneumatic tourniquet?” J Bone Joint Surg (Br) 2007; 89-B: 532-534
- Somanchi BV, Webb M, Loncaster J, Allan E, Stanton A, Muir L “Hand function following high dose rate brachytherapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the skin of the hand” Clinical Oncology 2008; 20:691-7
- Herrick AL, Roberts C, Tracey A, Silman A, Anderson A, Goodfield M, McHugh N, Muir L, Denton CP “Lack of agreement between rheumatologists in defining digital ulceration in systemic sclerosis ” Arthritis Rheum. 2009 Mar; 60(3):878-82.
- Robinson PM, Muir LT. Wrong-site surgery in orthopaedics. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009 Oct; 91(10):1274-80.
- Robinson PM, Muir LT. Transfer of a pre-operative surgical site mark to the opposite side increases the risk of wrong site surgery. Ann R CollSurg Engl. 2009 Jul; 91(5):444-5.
- Yasin MN, Naqui SZ, Muir L Reliability of the objective component of the Constant-Murley shoulder score Shoulder and Elbow 2010; 2: 259-2672
- Jeyam M, Andrew JG, Muir L, McGovern A “Controlled trial of distal radial fractures treated with a resorbable bone mineral substitute” Journal of Hand Surgery (British and European Vol) 2002; 27B: 146 – 149
- Chandramohan M, Thomas NB, Funk L, Muir L “MR appearance of mineralised extra skeletal chondroma: a case report and review of the literature ClinRadiol 2002; 57: 421 – 3
- Muir L “Complications of arthroscopy of the knee” (letter) J Bone Joint Surg (British volume) 2003; 85-B: 932
- Sari-Kouzel H, Chadwick PR, Muir L, Herrick AL, Denning DW Mycobacterium chelonaefinger infection associated with Raynaud’s phenomenon Annals of Rheumatic Diseases 2004; 63: 1178-1179
- Khan W, Agarwal M, Muir L “Management of intra-articular fractures of the proximal interphalangeal joint by internal fixation and bone grafting” Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 2004; 124: 699-691
- Muir L “Condone or condemn?” J Hand Surg 2005; 30-A: 867
- Muir L, Kanwar S “Ladder Injuries”, Injury 1993; 24: 485 – 487
- Muir L, Laliotis N, Kutty S, Klenerman L “Absence of the dorsalis pedis artery in the parents of children with club feet” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (British volume) 1995; 77-B: 114 – 116
- Muir L “Blood transfusion requirements in fractures of the neck of the femur” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England 1995; 77: 453 – 456
- Muir L, Boot D, Gorman D, Teanby D “The epidemiology of pelvic fractures in the Mersey region” Injury 1996; 27: 199 – 204
- Muir L, Foucher G, Marin-Braun F “Axe injuries of the hand” Journal of Trauma 1997; 42: 927 – 932
- The management of chronic non-arthritic scapholunate Instability. A systematic review of the worldwide literature from 1965 to present.
- Evaluating the complications of Radial Volar Locking Plate procedures – a study of referrals to a tertiary wrist trauma practice
- PROMS 2: Pilot Group. Patient Rated Outcome Measures Study based in the North-West. Collecting Data using PROMS as an outcome measure.
- A case report of Herpetic Whitlow with Positive Kanavel’s Cardinal Signs: A diagnostic and treatment difficulty; Brk;mac M, Bitar S, Naqui Z Case Rep Orthop. 2014;2014:906487
- Pain Mapping for Common Shoulder Disorders; Beyam L, Naqui SZ, Ahmad M, Chouhan A, Funk L American Journal of Orthopaedics July 2011;40(7):353-358.
- Early results of the Acclaim total elbow replacement in patients with primary osteoarthritis; Naqui SZ, Rajpura A, Nuttal D, Prasad P & Trail IA JBJS(Br) 2010 May Vol. 92(B)5: 668-71
- The reliability of the Constant-Murley Shoulder Scoring System; Yasin N, Naqui SZ, Muir LTSW Shoulder and Elbow Feb 2010, 2;259-262.
- A model for the conservative management of mallet finger; Richards SD, Kumar G, Booth S, Naqui SZ, Murali SR The Journal of Hand Surgery Vol. 29B No.1 Feb 2004
- Use of the Taylor-Spatial Frame in compression arthrodesis of the ankle. A study of 10 cases; Thiriyi WA, Naqui SZ, Khan SA J of Foot and Ankle Surgery 2010 Mar-Apr;49(2):182-7
- Correction of complex Paediatric deformities using Taylor-Spatial Frame; Naqui SZ, Tselentakis G, Thiryayi W, Evans M, Foster A, Day JB Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital Journal of Paediatric Orthopaedics 2008 Sep; 28(6): 640-64
- Underestimation of severity of previous whiplash injuries; Naqui SZ, Lovell SJ, Lovell ME Annals RCS Eng. 2008 Jan; 90(1): 51-53
- Parameters that effect time off work after whiplash injuries; Hagan KS, Lovell ME, Naqui SZ. Annals RCS Eng. 2007 Sept; 89(6): 624-626
- Minimal surgical approach for recurrent hip dislocation using the Posterior Lip Augmentation Device (PLAD); Gholve PA, Lovell ME & Naqui SZ. Journal of Arthroplasty Vol. 21 No.6 Sept 2006
- A biomechanical comparison of the Mitek RapidLoc, Mitek MRS, Clearfix screws, vertical PDS and Ti-Cron sutures; Naqui SZ, Thiryayi W, Hopgood P, Ryan WGKnee 2006 Mar; 13(2):151-7
- Stiffness measurements to assess healing in bone transport (a preliminary report); Tselentakis G, Owen PJ, Naqui SZ, Kuiper JH, & Richardson JB. Journal of Orthopaedics and Traumatology 2006 Jun; 7(2): 84 -87
- The Pakistan Earthquake: A British Trainee Experience; Ahmad MA, Naqui SZ, Shah N, Khan A, Williams JM, Jaffery A Injury 2006 Jun; 37(6): 567-9
- A Case Report – Pre-patellar bursitis as a first presentation of gout; Al-Ani SA, Naqui SZ, Bedford AF; European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology. 2005 March; 15 (1) 71-73.
- Glass Fronted Fire Places: A clear and present danger; Naqui SZ, Enoch S, Shah M Burns. 2005 Feb;31(1):72-5.
- The noradrenergic system influences the fate of Cajal-Retzius cells in the developing cerebral cortex; Naqui SZ, Harris B, Parnavelas JG. Developmental Brain Research 113 (1999) 75-82
- Correction of complex deformities using Taylor-Spatial Frame; Naqui SZ, Tselentakis G, Day JB European Journal of Trauma Vol. 28 April 2002 p192
- Correction of complex deformities using Taylor-Spatial Frame; Naqui SZ., Tselentakis G, Day JB Injury October 2001
- “The Molecular Response of Muscle Regeneration Following Peripheral Nerve Injury”Winterton RIS. MPhil Thesis. University of Manchester – 2010
- “TGFβ and TGFβ Receptors in the Human Myometrium” Winterton RIS. BMedSci (2:1) Thesis. University of Newcastle upon Tyne – 1997
- “Amputation” Winterton RIS. Kay SPJ, Wilks DJ &McCombe D: The Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery. Oxford University Press, awaiting publication.
- “Nerve Injury” Winterton RIS & Kay SPJ. Fleming & Trail: Disorders of the Hand, 1st Edition. McGraw-Hill, awaiting publication.
- “Repair of Zone 1-2 Flexor Tendon Transection” Winterton RIS &Farnell R. Giannoudis: Primary Skills in Orthopaedic Surgery, 1stEdition. Cambridge University Press, awaiting publication.
- “The Free Groin Flap” Winterton RIS & Kay SPJ. Boyd & Jones: Reconstructive Microsurgery, 1st Edition. McGraw-Hill, awaiting publication.
- “Examination of the Brachial Plexus Following Trauma” Winterton RIS & Kay SPJ. Harris & Ali: Examination Techniques in Orthopaedics, 2nd Edition. Cambridge University Press, awaiting publication.
- “FRCS: Companion Cases for the Intercollegiate Exam in General Surgery” Kumar, B & Phillips A. 1st Edition. Anshan Ltd.
- “Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Syndromes of the Upper Limb” Hussain, A & Winterton RIS. Surgery – Oxford International Edition. 2016; 34(3)134-138
- “Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Syndromes of the Upper Limb” Winterton RIS &Farnell R. Surgery – Oxford International Edition. 2013; 31(4)172–176
- “Gluteal Fold Flaps for Perineal Reconstruction” Winterton RIS, Lambe G, Ekwobi C, Oudit D, Mowatt D, Murphy JV & Ross GL. JPRAS. 2013; 66(3): 397-405
- “Eyelid Surgery in Ocular Myopathies” Doherty M, Winterton RIS & Griffiths P. Orbit. 2013;32(1):12-15
- Long Term Study into Surgical Re-exploration of the “Free Flap in Difficulty” Winterton RIS, Pinder RM, Morritt AN, Knight SL, Batchelor AG, Liddington MI & Kay SP. JPRAS. 2010; 63(7): 1080-1087
- “Review of Surgical Outcomes in a Series of Midline Nasal Dermoid Sinus Cysts” Winterton RIS, Wilks DJ, Chumas PD, Russell JL &Liddington MI. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2010; 21: 295-300
- “Free Tissue Transfers in the First 2 years of Life – a Successful, Cost Effective and Humane Option” Pinder RM, Hart A, Winterton RIS, Yates A & Kay SP. JPRAS. 2010; 63: 616-622
- “Upper limb amputations: Where, when and how to replant”
- Atkins SE, Winterton RIS & Kay SP. Current Orthopaedics. 2008; 22: 31-41
- “The Role of Information Leaflets in Improving the Informed Consent Practice in Septoplasty” Winterton RIS, Alaani A, Loke D &Bem C. Journal of Lanyngology and Otology. 2007; 121: 134-137
- “Management of Congenital Teratoma of the Oropharyngeal Cavity” Winterton RIS, Fabbrioni G, Russell JL &Liddington MI. Craniofacial Surgery – Proceedings of the 11th Meeting of the International Society of Craniofacial Surgery. 2006: 113-115
- “The Role of the Plastic Surgeon in the management of Skin Malignancy” Winterton RIS. MIMS Dermatology. 2006; 2 (4): 50-51
- Murphy, R & Winterton RIS“Anatomy of the Wrist and carpal Tunnel (e-Learning for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery) Available at http://www.e-lfh.org.uk/projects/e-lpras
- “Henna Skin Reaction” Tomlinson JE, Winterton RIS, Liddington MI. JPRAS. 2007; 60 (10): 1164-1165
- “Botulinum Toxicity and Skin Popping in Drug Misuse” Tomlinson JE, Winterton RIS, Peach H&Dunbar J.BMJ.2007; 334:1328